Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Albino Animals I part

I'm not sure why but ever since I was little I've really loved animals with albino or melanistic syndrom. And the why part is because I choose color over black and white everyday. Unfortunate for the animals this effect causes them to loose their camouflage and they will stand out from their natural background. However the standing out part might be the reason why I love this syndrom on animals so much.

In my opinion tigers are some of the most gorgeous animals on this PLANET. Their fur coat is just amazingly beautiful. But the albino and melanistic version attracts me too.
See the difference:


[Normal tiger]


[Melanistic tiger]

[Albino tiger]




[Not all melanistic syndroms appear deep black]



[Sometimes even the stripes undergo albino effect]

Sorry I could put about million pictures of felines here. I've just been really affectionate about them since AllWays. :D

So here's some lions too ^ㅈ^:









Albinism is the complete or partial absence of pigment in the skin, hair and eyes due to absence or defect of tyrosinase. Thanks to the effect eyes will apear light blue. For animals it might even be red because the colour of the red blood cells in the underlying retinal blood vessels shows through where there is no pigment to obscure it.

Partial albinism may appear as a small patch or even half body with out the pigment:



[Cheetah with out spots] 





Not in all cases albino effect appears completely white on animals:







[The worlds only pink dolphin Pinky]

Most commonly know albinos are lab rat and testbunny:





This effect also occurs in people:






Albinism bobs up among many different species:














[The only so far known albino gorilla Snowflake]







Hope you enjoyed this extrem long post. I can't tame myself when it comes to animals and pictures. xD
But make sure to tune back for the second part of the post: Melanistic animals.

xoxo
- Carol

2 comments:

  1. FYI: http://bigcatrescue.org/abuse-issues/issues/white-tigers/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this ..thank you!

    ReplyDelete