Wednesday, March 6, 2013

MOELennuk

I attended a little fashion show last week as a press.
[All the pictures are taken by me but be noted that I forgot my flash home and the light setting wasn't anything pleasing for my camera]

There were two runways and the setting over all a bit interesting because it was held in the ''Laulukaar'' (singing arc).

I'll be telling you my own opinions and I don't want anyone to take this personally or be offended because I'll always speak my mind. I'm just going to say 2 things before.

1) I like overly special and out of the box thinking in collections on the runways. Something really crazy and sth I can draw inspiration from the materials, patterns, cuts and ect. That's why some of my favorite designers are Jeremy Scott and McQueen and many more crazy and unexampled ones.

2) I'm all in for the cross-cutting theme in the collection but I also want every pice to be unique not just different by a tiny cut or a shade of color. Whole collection looking pretty much like the same thing is just too drab. It needs to be whole but every pice has to stand on it's own as sth strong too.


1. Collection by Mirjam-Kim Rääbis



My friend, gorgeous model Mirjam-Johanna Loddes:




As you can see it had few really interesting details made of what ever material the shiny black thing was to pop up other wise more feminin and delicate looks.

2. Miina-Meeri Noort & Kertu Kivisik









It's an outfit I would wear on a really casual day, so points for that. But I'm not sure it's a look to build entry collection around. Love the color choices but like you can see every pice looks like the one before.

3. Maria Kisant & Britt Randma


I just LOVE these ombre heart monitor socks:









They used a material that is not that typical to use. Pellicle. Unfortunate for them there was another collection who used it.

Even though the collection might look a bit plain there was few details I really liked. Heart monitor pattern and cut-out pellicle pants and ect.

4. Eva Maria Kõrvas & Helen Kiik






Quite disappointing. I got nothing els to say.

5. Ann Merit Toiger







Well boooobiieeees.

I know you all were thinking that. xD

6. Eva Mari Mahhov & Hannah Segerkrantz








Well this is just awkward...

7. Tähe-Kai Tillo & Annabel Sagen

The runway not only stopped some of the models making to the end of the walk but also made at least one model from EVERY SINGLE collection stumble or even fall over. FROM EVERY SINGLE ONE.



This dress isn't anything extremely new but I have to admit it was one of my most favored dresses of the whole show:







I liked the rope details and the sailor theme but there was just too much of plain boring fabric.

8. Eliis Soomlais & Regina Russanova








I certainly loved the guys outfits. Quite awesome shirt and the ombre pants and sleeves on the shirt. Not too much to make it a statement piece but just enough to make it outstanding. :D

9. Silvia Saks, Charlotte Pärt & Sebastian Pikand

I'm just gonna say it...THIS was my absolute favorite collection of the night.

















Okay first off, they had so fun and cheeky models. Bravo....And SOOSOOo unique to build entire collection around gardeners, barbers, bus drivers, cooks and all the other various workers. Simply amazing. As you can see it looks like a whole united theme but every outfit is special standing on it's own.  I simply love all the different aprons made out of rubber&leather and those breath-taking rubber shorts I would even wear it as a part of everyday's outfits. :D

10. Evert Pol Poom











The last outfit must have been my favorite from this line. Leather high-waisted shorts, awesome golden crop top and the flowie vest is just marvelous. Something chic and edgy for summer.

11. Greete Okas









Great idea and amazing background music done by a live drummer BUT.....I feel the collection over all had some developing room. Like it wasn't finished. I would foster the idea further more and really piddled with every piece. It looked like it all had been done hastily and sloppily. =/

12.Getter Neetar

Was chosen as audience favorite and also received the 1st place. Congrats! 









The dresses underneath pellicle were certainly fascinating with the sea and sunsetting theme.

13. Sirli Pohlak





The bottom edge of the dress is just fab:




Stunning sheer lace bottom half of the dress:





14. Silvia Johanna Haavel




A bit dull last collection.....

Video by Kaspar Orasmäe:



xoxo
- Carol

1 comment:

  1. Sirli Pohlaku modellid ei kukkunud muide ;) Ilusad pildid, röövin sinult ühe omale :)

    ReplyDelete