Wednesday, April 1, 2015

InstaRecap: Beginning of Oz !

I don't know about you guys but ever since I was sucked into social media I've had this intense desire to always go back and clean up some of my act. You know go back and delete some embarrassing or random or relevant updates at the time but useless and waist of space now. Be it fb wall posts (which I don't really do that much), old Insta photos or tweets or Youtube videos that are just TOO much!

Now when it comes to Instagram, which is my favorite social media platform besides youtube, while writing this post I have 1015 pics up!!! :O
 And like I said I like to go back and delete a lot of the old stuff. But ever since I went to Australia I restricted myself from doing so...BECAUSE I knew I'm going to have wayyyy too many pictures and stories coming with traveling in Australia and I also knew I wouldn't be able to keep up. Especially since I didn't have Internet (or didn't have good enough Internet to post) for the majority of the year!!
So I though that doing InstaRecaps would be a perfect way to share some stories and also share some insight to some of the picture which only had emojis in captions. :P


SO here we go:

(1st row left to right)

  1. This is actually a picture from the day we had the last photoshoot with my bestie. And after suffering through that could for few hours, I snuggled up with her two pupps later on. :3 
  2. - 4. Pictures from the cruise ship trip we took with girls to Sweden right before I left.
(2nd row left to right)

     5.  And off we went. Travelling to Australia for 2 days which meant spending NYE on the plain.
          That was my worst NYE ever, and I've celebrated new year's eve in China, which meant 
          nothing happened since their NY starts few months later. :/
     6.  A marvellous picture of Abu Dhabi's airport ceiling. It was just dazzling.
     7.  Let me remind you that we came from Estonia's winter which was real cold and landing in 
          Abu Dhabi where we saw the first palm trees got me really excited. Especially since it was in 
          the middle of the summer in Australia. :D
     8.  Me and Helena on the plane all ready looking pretty ratchet. I mean we spent like 16,5h in 
          Abu Dhabi airport alone not even including the other airport waits and the actual flights too!

(3rd row left to right)

     9.  After my massive jet lag we managed to get our asses out of the hostel the next day after 
          6PM or sth. And the 1st place I wanted to visit was ACMI building. After living in Melbourne 
          on and off for a bit I must say it was my Favorite building from the whole city thanks to it's 
          amazing architectural design!!
    10. Some more palm trees to raise the mood!! :D
    11. Alexandra Gardens become one of our favroite places to hang out. We sunbathed by the 
          riverside eating sushi or drinking ice coffees with the view of the skyline and the best people 
          watching spot. All kinds of birds walking/flying/swimming around you, people reading books 
          on the river bank, others jogging and bike riding and even kayaking. It was a bliss.  
    12. Now yes we had our share of fun with Golden Gaytime jokes in the beginning but it didn't take 
          me long to realise it's THE BEST Australian ice cream. I mean I became obsessed and it was 
          pretty much the only ice cream I would buy and eat through out the entire year! And I take 
          my ice cream really seriously. ;)

(4th row left to right)

    13. Now the last row pictures are from one of the touristy things we did when in Melbourne. We 
          went to Michael's Camera Museum, free entry, and as you can tell I was WAY TO HYPER 
          about all of this! If you didn't know this, I have a little collection of vintage cameras at home 
          and I'm quite fund of them. And to see a collection to this size was just too much for me.
    14.-16. Three camera photos that I decided to share with you are: My fav golden Nikon camera,
                 machine-gun look-a-like video camera created by Chinese and lastly Canon FTь which
                 I've had a hunt for to add to my collection. :D

And this is it for now. I'll leave 3 related vlog links here too, to see more! ;)
Oz gal | Arriving to Oz: https://youtu.be/uFTsnSpSu-g
Oz gal | ACMI&South Bank: https://youtu.be/KGfHmEd9C2E
Oz gal | Camera crazy: https://youtu.be/bKJllBCbO_U

Until next time,
xoxo
- Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment