Friday, April 17, 2015

Storytelling: Travel starts

As someone who's been telling stories since she first started speaking and has years worth of travelling stories, way more that I can actually pinpoint right now, I've learned next:

I find travelling stories really interesting and unique!
When you come back and tell the stories it’s really the time you’ll reflect on them and see your trip as a whole, not series of happenings but a big picture.

Plus the more you’ll tell others about some of the funny or misfortunate stories the more you’ll actually remember them later on in life. It's a fact! (at least it's always been true for me!)
Not telling others the stories in a bragging way but in the general sense. To tell a funny story, share things you saw and learned about the culture, inspire them or just explain what changed you and etc.

Unfortunetly I know from my own experience that most people don’t really want to hear about your awesome adventures. Which is really sad because I find them some of the best stories and I’m personally always up to watching other people's travel pictures, videos and read their blogs.

I know for some it may come from jealousy of seeing others full of life after recharging their batteries from day-to-day life, while they have just been stuck in their regular work routine. Because it's always visible for a naked eye how that person has changed after every trip. Be it happy to their core, mega relaxed, full of new ideas or overwhelming thirst for more adventures.

Also for some the jealousy comes from not being able to travel themselves. Be it financial issue, work related or because of their obligations. However, I've seen myself that most folks' problem is that they make other choices and value things differently. They make choices that won't lead to traveling and in most cases they already know that but in the aftermath they're still upset about not going.

I know what's my problem though! When my mom and dad divorced and the two of us moved across the country, it didn't take long when my mom started travelling. She got infected on her first trip and took me and my younger brother with her on the next one. I got my travel bug on my first trip too and ever since I've been addicted. I don't find anything els more satisfying and thrilling then drowning yourself in a new strange culture. You'll shut off where you're from and how you would normally approach things. You'll just keep an open mind and absorb the culture, people and surroundings. Sometimes it even feels like starting all over. For example, when I spent a year in South-Korea, where the culture is pretty much opposite to the culture I was raised in. So learning a new culture and language felt like being back at the age of 1-year-old when everything is strange and new and you don't know what to do or expect.

I love travel stories just because they are really thrilling stories, fun to listen, you’ll get some ideas for your own travel, or hear about places to or not to viste. Get some ideas where to go or what to do in certain places.

I know for a fact that my stories are always different but some how still united with the ones where I’ve traveled with the same people. I mean you’ll get into different adventures depening on who you travel with. And you’ll get different travel jokes with them! So choose your travel buddies carefully but also mix it up sometimes. Because that's the only way to know who you would like to travel with the most! ;)

SO I guess what I wanted to say is THANKS MOM! It's all your fault!!
NO but really, if it wasn't for you and your travel bug, I wouldn't have ever visited about 28 counties before the age of 22! I would have probably never moved to South-Korea for a year and right after graduation packed my bags and gone off to live in London and then Australia.  I LOVE YOU!!

And also guys go exploring more just to grow your spirit and widen the rim of your mind! ;)

PS! I decided to start ''Storytelling'' segment on my blog and I hope you guys will be excited for it! So let me know in the comments if you would like that!? :D

For addition here's few of doodles I did over some of my travel pictures!



Barcelona, Spain


Czech Republic


Monte Carlo, Monaco



Stockholm, Sweden


Venice, Italy


New York City, USA


Vietnam



Hong Kong


London, England


Eagle's Nest, border of Germany & Austria


Cambodia


Rockhampton, Asutralia


Beijing, China


Seoul, Korea


Amsterdam, Netherlands


Phuket, Thailand


Paris, France


Egypt


I'm letting you know that doodling with Mac's track pad is really darn difficult. Plus I was determined to only use white paint so in many cases you can't even see something on the pictures that well. So let's see if you'll find the hidden King Kong, muffin, candy cane and some other stuff! ;)


Until next time,
xoxo
- Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment